Should you buy a new construction home?
The demand for housing is high but the number of existing homes on the market is relatively low with new construction ramping up. So, should you buy a new build? Here are the pros of each:
- You can choose more energy efficient options – think windows, roof, and appliances
- New construction often means fewer repairs and more warranty options
- And depending how early in the construction process you purchase, you can customize
- Established neighborhoods
- Greater ability to negotiate the purchase price
- You determine when you move in and aren’t reliant on when the builder finishes