We all know sugar is bad for us and one of the worst sugary treats is a soft drink. But there is a drink out there that might actually be worse for you than a soft drink. Read on…
We all know that soft drinks are bad for us. And next to the current pandemic, heart disease is the leading cause of death amongst American men and women. Doctors feel that soft drinks could be one of the possible causes for cardiovascular disease.
In a new study published by the Journal of the American Heart Association results show that just one sugary drink per day can significantly increase one’s chances for cardiovascular disease.
About the study:
- It began in 1995 and follows more than 106,000 female participants
- Participants reported how often they consumed sugary drinks including soft drinks, sports drink and sweetened bottled waters
- A follow up more than 20 years later showed that consuming at least one sugary drink per day led to a 20% increase in cardiovascular disease
- Soda led to a 23% increase in cardiovascular disease
- While fruit drinks led to a 42% increase in cardiovascular disease