The list of anti-inflammatory and super foods is long. Below are six anti-inflammatory ingredients that are the perfect addition to your morning smoothie.
I love to start my day with a smoothie. I can pack lots of healthy ingredients into one easy-to-go meal. And there are so many great recipes out there from fellow bloggers like @BeWellByKelly. Here are six of the top anti-inflammatory ingredients you should be adding to your daily smoothie ingredient rotation:
- Grapes. Key anti-inflammatory ingredient Resveratrol is proving to help with age related diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- Cherries. Both the sweet and tart kind. Added benefit is cherries help with sleep!
- Turmeric. Seems to provide relief for Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Crohn’s and stomach ulcers.
- Chia seeds. In addition to the anti-inflammatory benefits, they are a good source of energy.
- Ginger. Showing promise for those that struggle with migraines and arthritis, ginger pairs very well with orange.
- Blueberries/Wild berries. – Small in size but rich in antioxidants, they are often touted as a superfood.
What are your favorite smoothie ingredients?
And if you love sugary drinks, read this to learn why you should make the switch to smoothies and healthy alternatives!