Our October 10 post talked about starting holiday shopping early and to expect potential delays in shipping due to increased demand and ongoing impacts of the virus. On that note, USPS has announced the 2020 holiday shipping deadlines.
If you ship holiday gifts through USPS, please see below for the DEADLINES for each type of service to ensure your items reach their destination in time (ahead of December 25):
- November 6: APO/FPO/DPO (all ZIP Codes) USPS Retail Ground service
- December 9: APO/FPO/DPO (ZIP Code 093 only) Priority Mail and First-Class Mail
- December 11: APO/FPO/DPO (all other ZIP Codes) Priority Mail and First-Class Mail services
- December 15: USPS Retail Ground service
- December 18: APO/FPO/DPO (except ZIP Code 093) USPS Priority Mail Express service
- December 18: First-Class Mail service (including greeting cards)
- December 18: First-class packages (up to 15.99 ounces)
- December 19: Priority Mail service
- December 23: Priority Mail Express service
APO – Army Post Office: associated with Army or Air Force installations
FPO – Fleet Post Office:
DPO – Diplomatic Post Office: associated with US embassies overseas
The only way to send an item to an APO, FPO, or DPO address is through the USPS.